Sunday, March 30, 2008

Whining about beer, etc.

OK, I have been remiss in posting. I freely admit it. I got out of my cast the other day and confess to having a serious case of spring fever. Or, stump pulling fever. I am making room on the top of our hill for a bigger vegetable garden. Thus, removal of all shade-causing vegetation. So, out of a cast one day, taking down trees the next! This apparently results in much less blogging on my part. Oh yeah, and then there's that annoying other thing, my job. Yep, this is a whole lot of whining. But it gets worse. I have had nothing but bad beer experiences recently. All of my favorite haunts are now on my "S" list. I have gotten bad beer, skunked beer, beer from septic lines, too expensive beer and bad food to go with it! Need I go on? Is it really too much to ask for to have delicious beer on tap and good food? The Belgians seem to be able to pull it if with astonishing regularity. The truth is, the beer scene in CT is so small is doesn't take long to exhaust all the options. At least, we still have Maibock on tap. To tell the truth, I think I might become a beer hermit. I'll just stay home, with a nice clean, reasonbly priced, unseptic beer of my choosing. I'll just chop wood and drink beer. Maybe the Trappists and Benedictines have it right after all. Stay tuned for more positive things to come, soon, I promise.

No comments: