Monday, March 10, 2008

Pork online?

You just gotta love a guy that shows up a your door with pork products! My father-in-law showed up at the house last week with the most delicious bacon. He and my Amish-o-file brother-in-law just came back from Pennsylvania with 12 packs of the stuff! He said it was "Amish-made" bacon and that there was a website where you could order it online! We scratched our heads over this for along time. How could the Amish have a website? It just didn't make any sense. But wouldn't it be so cool if they did? I imagined ordering huge sides of smoked pork from a man in a funny straw hat with a funny accent named "Brother Obediah" or something. Then I found the website and to my disappointment the Stoltzfus family are not Amish. But they used to sell their products at an Amish farm stand. You can see the confusion. The good news is that they still make some pretty awesome bacon. It has finer texture, a more rich and less salty, really subtle, smokey sweet flavor. It's got it all over that garden variety supermarket stuff. And, *news flash* if you want to order a Stoltzfus Ham for Easter, tomorrow is the deadline! My brother-in-law is ordering one, so I'll be sure to sample it and report back. He also added that their ham loaf is "to die for". So order up some pork product. And while you're at it, get some of that delicious bacon for your special someone. Nothing says love quite like bacon.


http://www.stoltzfusmeats.com/index.php

1 comment:

Jeanna said...

Thanks for the link, checking into it for my sister.