Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Please Stand By....


I have been horribly negligent in posting. I hope my three readers forgive me. The problem is, I just can't stop planting things. This time of year, it seems I am only capable of doing two things- sweating constantly, and digging holes. Every winter, when it's cold, grey, and miserable and I curl up next to the wood stove and think- 'wouldn't it be great to have 40 more delphiniums, and 40 more echinaceas, and grow lots more herbs, and try planting some husk cherrys...and...and...and'. And before I know it it's the 4th of July and all my 200 seedlings are crying to get out of their cell packs and I have no more space in my present gardens. And the sweating, and digging, and cussing of rocks begins. I promise I'll be back soon...lots more fun to come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT MY HOPS & CHOPS!

Anonymous said...

Okay, enough with the digging. We want Hops! And Chops! Come back to us!

Ms. Chops said...

Dear Ms. Yum,

Thank you for your enthusiasm! I'm back, at least a little. Still digging...and cleaning the house, and doing the laundry, and mowing the lawn and making bread and sake, and, well, you know the rest!