Monday, February 25, 2008

Ancient History

OK, so if you asked me a couple years ago whether or not I would ever consider writing a blog, I would have said 'No way! Who reads those things anyway?" Then, my good friend Patti started blogging and I became addicted to her very fine blog candyyumyum. From time to time my husband Neil and I would get together with Patti and Mr. Goodbar. Inevitably, the conversation turned towards food and drink. Patti would fill us in on all the latest candy news and we would regale them with tales of eating things we "harvested" from places other than the supermarket. She and Mr. Goodbar insisted that no one else they knew had such a hands-on approach to eating. They suggested our tales should be featured in a blog. Neil and I feel no story is complete without good beer. Thus Hops and Chops has been created, if not for the amusement of others, at least for Patti, Mr. Goodbar, and perhaps my mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go, Sue, Go! I'll check in regularly...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the wide world of bloggity goodness! Oh the fun you'll have!
Good going... I'm hooked. Keep the posts coming and soon enough you'll be receiving press releases and mysterious packages at your door.